A high speed ceiling fan makes the occupants of a room feel cool. But do you know how to install it or maintain it correctly? If not, keep reading.
Ceiling fans ensure proper air circulation in the whole room. They run on powerful motors. Being energy-efficient, low cost ceiling fans are in use extensively. Depending on the size of your rooms and your taste, you can choose fans of various designs.
How To Install A High Speed Ceiling Fan In Your Room?
- Turn off power to the existing fan or light at the main fuse or circuit box. You should use a circuit tester to verify the power is off. Place the wall switches for the fixtures in the off position.
- Disconnect the wires and remove the existing fixture. Enlist a helper to support the fixture while you remove it. Check the electrical box in the ceiling. In case you have any doubts about the existing box, make sure you purchase and install a new one.
- Are you installing a new electrical box? Then make sure you fasten it to a ceiling joist or a 2-by-4 wood brace between two ceiling joists. However, if you do not find a suitable joist or brace, you need to have access to the framing through the attic, add a brace that can support the fan.
What Should Be The Number Of Blades In Your Ceiling Fan?
India’s tropical humid climate requires a higher magnitude of air to create a cooling effect. Therefore, adding more blades and reducing its productivity is a bad decision. In our country, as the number of blades is 3, it can work with maximum speed. Hence, it is successful in combating the extreme humid temperature prevailing in the country.
What Should Be The Measurement Of Your Ceiling Fan?
Room dimensions play an important role in deciding the type of ceiling fan that you want to install. Here are certain tips to take a look at:
- The room height should have at least an eight-foot ceiling.
- The ceiling fan blades should be a minimum of 18 inches away from the wall.
- A 36 inch to 44-inch diameter fan can easily cool a 225 square foot room.
- For larger spaces, you can install a 52-inch larger diameter fan.
How Can You Increase Ceiling Fan Longevity?
Maintenance management highlights replacing and servicing of tools. A well-planned and accurately structured equipment maintenance strategy can increase the longevity of the appliance. Read the product description before investing, check whether the parts are easily available or not in your near vicinity.
Touch up your home with the best ceiling fans from the most reputed company Polar Electric. Polar Electric provides a gust of fresh air with its wide variety of celebrated fans. Choose from low cost ceiling fans, decorative ceIling fans, table fans, and pedestal fans. Finalize a brand that never compromises on quality and performance.