Ordinary ceiling fans use about 70-80 watt power which is sufficiently high. You can save energy with power saving, low cost ceiling fans.
It is true and universally accepted that fans are way cheaper than air conditioners. Moving air makes you feel cooler because it assists your body’s natural cooling process through evaporation. The more there is the movement of air, the more moisture will evaporate from your skin. This will in turn make you feel cooler. This means that a ceiling fan does not actually lower the temperature in a room but it gives you the much-needed comfortability by air circulation.
Selecting The Right Ceiling Fan
Choosing a high speed ceiling fan with the correct size is important for proper air circulation. Though there is no preset rule for determining the actual size of your ceiling fan, still you can work with a ceiling fan size recommendation calculator. It will give you approximately correct results.
- For rooms with size upto 15 qm: use ceiling fans of 75 to 105 cm
- For rooms with size upto 20qm: use ceiling fans of 112 to 122 cm
- Also, for rooms with size upto 25-30qm: use ceiling fans of 132 cm
How Does A Ceiling Fan Save Energy?
Apart from this, there is one other thing that you should cautiously pay attention to is the electricity consumed by the ceiling fan. The electricity consumption of an ordinary pedestal fan mostly depends on the speed at which it runs.
The Factors On Which The Power Consumption Depends Are:
- Height Of Ceiling: For proper air flow in every room corner, you need to previously check on the ceiling height. Accordingly, you need to choose the apt ceiling fans.
- Motor: Old fans run on motors that are not technologically upgraded. Therefore the price of old ceiling fans might be low but the power they consume is maximum.
- Presence Of Dust On Blades: Continuous usage and improper maintenance accumulate dust particles on blades. This reduces fan speed.
The best way to curb your electricity expenses is by carefully strategizing and charting down which appliances in your house run daily for long hours. Given the extreme heat and humid weather, it is impossible to cut down on the usage of ceiling fans. Today due to the advancement in technology, every home appliance is made better. Manufacturers too have felt this need and have designed power saving fans with BEE technology to minimize electric consumption.
Have you purchased Polar ceiling fans? If not, you are missing out on the best products in the market. Hurry, check their website for a wide range of decorative ceiling fans, power saving, and high speed ceiling fans at an affordable range.