Want to know how much electricity your fan consumes? We have the right information for you. Know how to reduce unnecessary power consumption using high speed ceiling fans.
With almost every house equipped with air conditioners, the budget soaring bills at the end of the month can be a cause of worry. A meticulous high speed ceiling fan can make your home more comfortable and save every extra penny. Energy-saving low-cost ceiling fans can be your ultimate friend in this regard. Efficient blade designs that cancel noise, durable construction, and updated motor quality can pitch in to be your best summer companion.
Power Consumption Calculation
An ordinary ceiling fan in our home has a rated power of 75W. Now let us calculate the amount of energy consumed monthly.
For example, consider using this 75W fan for 12 hours a day. That means the power consumption amounts to (75*12) i.e 900-watt hour. If calculated for the whole 1 month, the ceiling fan alone will consume 27kWh of power. This equivalently converts to Rs 270 for the month. So, you can easily understand that for just one day turning on one ceiling fan in your entire room can make you invest 270 Rs.
What Factors Are Responsible For Power Consumption?
All the following factors play a crucial role in determining how much energy your ordinary ceiling fans are consuming.
- Air delivery rate determines the performance metric of your fan i.e its ability to reduce smoke, dust particles, pollen, etc.
- RPM (Revolution Per Minute) Of The Motor: Faster the blade spins more is the amount of air they move. So, keep in mind that for the correct airflow, the fan must be equipped with 5 different settings.
- Fan Blade Radius: Here, the bigger the better concept does not work. In Fact, smaller or thin blades will also be ineffective. For best airflow, your ceiling fan motor and blades should work in symphony.
How To Save Energy Using Ceiling Fans?
Low cost ceiling fans are not only an affordable solution but will also prove to be a great companion to your AC. When both your AC and ceiling fan is operating, you can adjust the thermostat by 4 degrees. This will reduce your power consumption since both the appliances are working optimally. Additionally, there are energy-efficient ceiling fans that can reduce up to 60 percent of your electricity bill. To reach the energy usage norms set by the authoritative bodies, these ceiling fans use-
- efficient motors,
- design blades of superior quality, and
- include LED lighting in the case of decorative ceiling fans to reduce the watts.
The energy-efficient, high speed ceiling fans by Polar India are easy to install and trendy in design. Avail quality products from the best electronic brand in the market. Browse their website now.