Confused about how to lower your energy consumption? Connect with the best online electric appliance store to bring home high speed fans.
A must-have appliance for your home, the importance of a ceiling fan can never be neglected. Modern fans with automatic control and a stylish finish have replaced conventional fans. One such addition is power saving fans. Let us take a look at how different fans like pedestals & ceilings use energy for functioning.
Factors on Which Energy Consumption of Ceiling Fans & Pedestal Fans Depends
The electricity consumption of an ordinary pedestal fan mostly depends on the speed at which it runs. Usually, a pedestal fan consumes 50-55 W power. The factors on which the power consumption depends are:
- Size of the Fan: The bigger it is, the airflow is greater. Hence electricity usage also shoots up
- Design and Weight of the Blades: Broader blades contribute to more power consumption.
- Speed Settings: If you adjust your pedestal fan at the lowest setting, it will require the least time. So, naturally, the higher the speed the more cost you will have to bear.
A ceiling fan on the other hand requires 75-80 W. Due to its elevated position and its ability to cover a larger portion, it requires greater power. Factors on which the power consumption of a ceiling fan depends are:
- Height of Ceiling: For proper air flow in every room corner, you need to previously check on the ceiling height. Accordingly, you need to choose the apt ceiling fans.
- Motor: Old fans run on motors that are not technologically upgraded. Therefore the price of old ceiling fans might be low but the power they consume is maximum.
- Presence Of Dust On Blades: Continuous usage and improper maintenance accumulates dust particles on blades. This reduces fan speed.
Here is Some Advice from Us:
A variety of fans are now available in the market. But whatever fans you are purchasing makes it a point to check safety issues. Due to short-circuiting or carelessness, accidents keep recurring. In this blog, we will look into the safety features and precautions that all of us need to undertake while handling any gadget or appliance.
- Do not invest in a second-hand electrical fan. We know budget matters, but are you ready to risk your lives? We assume not. So, old products might face hidden problems, moreover, you have to compromise on the efficiency too. So, stay away from unknown problems.
- Register your new fan with the company’s manufacturer. This will make it easier for you to contact them in case of problems. In addition, if you find the product delivered is a faulty one, they will easily repair it or deliver a fresh one.
- Do check the fittings of your ceiling fan blades cautiously. Wobbly ceiling fans can pose a grave danger.
Polar offers you a wide range of options to choose from fans with the latest technology and unique designs. Polar ceiling fans can be the best fit for your home.